GTA V Mysteries

Forum

Awareness Ribbon/Character Wheel Trigger  

RSS

TheMysteryHunter
(@game_on_2010)
Member Admin
25/03/2018 4:23 am  

The red and white Awareness Ribbon beside the security booth in the Prologue always catches my eye. I never understood what it was hinting towards, knowing there was nothing of interest besides the dead security guard sitting in the booth. Today I think I may have figured it out, once Trevor kills the police officers in the parking area and passes the ribbon players are then able to switch characters. Knowing this, it makes me wonder what the other awareness ribbons could represent. Let me know your thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1pGiFdq_bM&t=5s

ReplyQuote
LucidCaesar
(@lucidcaesar)
Active Member Registered
18/05/2018 1:38 pm  

The ribbons are not for the character wheel. Heres a video showing that i never cross the ribbons. Its just a matter of time when you can change characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ynZyXB-7_0

My thoughts on the color of the ribbon is connected to the red and white colors of the triathalons starting and finish lines. So in a sense its maybe a race.

ReplyQuote
TheMysteryHunter
(@game_on_2010)
Member Admin
18/05/2018 4:00 pm  

Sorry I worded my original post wrong. The character wheel triggers once we clear out the parking lot with Trevor, we don't need to physically cross the ribbon to activate it. Trevor's gun is to be used at short range, we see this during the Jasper cut scene. We are to switch to Michael because he has a long range gun that's why the cops stop their car near the barn. The only things of interest or that take place near the ribbon is the security booth and the character switch.

ReplyQuote
LucidCaesar
(@lucidcaesar)
Active Member Registered
20/05/2018 7:46 pm  

What about the red and white ribbon on the other side of the building? opposite side of the escape lot

ReplyQuote
TheMysteryHunter
(@game_on_2010)
Member Admin
21/05/2018 11:12 pm  

I don't know if the sheer amount of caution tape under the awning is a hint to anything, it's like the sheer amount of tape attached to the scaffold on the roof of the jewelry store. There's several instances during the story where Michael crosses paths with caution tape which is why I believe its connected to him.

The first one is during the Prologue,

The second is during Daddy's little girl,

The third one is on the rooftop of the jewelry store,

The only other caution tape can be found under the pier, I just don't what its connected to at the moment. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register